Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Sunday. Mother's Day. Went to breakfast in town, then took the kids over to the park. Things One and Two ran around, played on the teeter-totter, scooted up and down the slides, and were just generally adorable. Went for a walk along the Mullet River. Took a bunch of pictures with my camera phone:





Handmade cards and flowers...

Now I'm sitting in the sun on our deck in the back yard. Hubby is putting together the travel trailer for our trip to New Orleans in August.  Frogs and thrushes and robins and chickadees and goldfinches are performing a woodland serenade to the accompaniment of (I kid you not) the wind through the willows (and birches and larches and spruces).

The weather has finally improved to the point where we were actually able to get some work done in the garden yesterday. Peppers and roma tomatoes are now in. I potted my peony yesterday too. Today was mostly spent puttering around and soaking up the sunshine.

Dinner (at my request): Papa Murphy's and Kiki's Delivery Service with the Things. Being a mama's a pretty good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment