Friday, October 22, 2010

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth...

...I've just been buried under an avalanche of student writing. As a composition teacher with three sections, I get 24 papers per section every time I collect an assignment, each of which takes at least 20 minutes to grade. I also teach Early American Literature, so I get journals, papers, and now midterm essays to work through.

I really want to write for the Steampunk Challenge but I have to get out from under these piles of papers first.

I have started reading Cherie Priest's Dreadnought in the late evenings the last few days, instead of catching up with "The Big Bang Theory". I am finding it better reading than Boneshaker and Mercy Lynch a more engaging heroine than Briar Wilkes.

That's all I've got for now.

Mamalayne, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment