Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Beginning of the End...of Summer

August 1st. Sunday. Hot. Sunny. Appropriate beginning to the final weeks of summer "vacation". 

To say that I am not looking forward to going back to work would be untrue: I am looking forward to seeing all of my colleagues at the opening meeting on the 26th, and I look forward to meeting my latest batch of minds.

I look forward to being able to update this blog without having to get up to
  • take DVDs/thumbdrives/pens/tape dispensers/remotes/power cords/grown-up books away from Thing Two
  • get Thing Two off the cat, who is screeching in protest at being hugged
  • pick the box fan up after Thing Two has knocked it over for the third time
all of which I have had to do in the last 10 minutes while trying to corral my skittering thoughts. Forget it. I'm mixing a UV Blue and lemonade, and I'm going outside to lounge and celebrate the Beginning of the End of Another Summer. I encourage you to do the same.

Be well, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment