Friday, July 23, 2010

Motivation, or Lack Thereof

Today was pretty much a bust in the doing-things department. It was overcast/intermittently raining (after 2.2" yesterday) and humid and 75 degrees at 6:45 this morning, so that wasn't the best start to the day. Hubby only left me one lousy cup of coffee when he left for work, and I was too lazy/unmotivated to make more.

Got one load of laundry (Thing Two's) done. Well, washed, anyway. It'll make it into the dryer before it has a chance to mold, if only because he's completely out of shorts.

His mama's out of sorts.

I'm so tired of dealing with Thing One's 6 going-on-15 attitude. I don't enjoy being home, and it kills me to admit it. I'm supposed to be happy to be at home--lots of parents (moms and dads alike) would love to have the summer to spend at home, but not me. Nooooo. If I could afford it, I'd send her to summer camp, which she would probably like better than being with me anyway. Thing Two is a mama's boy, so no problem there, except that he's learning from his sister. Her attitude is, to quote Garth from Wayne's World, "sucking my will to live."

I'm starting to wonder if she has ODD, because she argues with me about E V E R Y T H I N G. Literally. Not joking. We had lunch today with one of my former students, and at one point she turned to me and said "Wow, she has an answer for everything, doesn't she?"

It's exhausting. I finally let her watch The Princess and the Frog while her brother and I took a nap this afternoon, and when we got up, it started all over again. I can't be out of the room for more than 10 seconds when Thing Two starts yelling "No, no!" She won't leave him alone and she argues the finer points of what she's done, and argues about how long she'll have to be in Time Out.

I used to joke that I was raising the next U.S. Attorney General, but it's starting to not be funny anymore.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love my daughter, I love being a mom, I am so happy to have her. But stay at home mom? HELL to the NOOOOOOO! She drives me nuts after a few hours. I too, would love to send Boo to a summer camp. For now, her rich friends whisking her away to the Dells and camping will have to do.

    Mom soldiarity. Don't feel guilty, P.

    ReplyDelete